Friday, September 2, 2011

The "Blogger" Site

September 2, 2011
The "Blogger" Site

     I thought for today that I'd write about this site itself- Blogger. Perhaps, this instalment might encourage some of you to start your own blog! The software on this site is quite simple, easy to use, and very user-friendly. Also, you're at your own pace. You can write 1 article each day, each week, each month or whatever interval that you would prefer.

Blogger starts when you go to their site



I already have 2 blogs, so I'll simply press "new post" in my "Antique Toys" Blog


That will bring me to a "start page" of the new blog or instalment.




Thatwill then start to design the layout.
Above is the selection menu for the colour of the text

This is the font size selection menu

 This page shows you some options that you can add to the blog page


This is the page design itself. 
It can be re-designed.


This is the "settings" page. Pressing on the title at the top of the page yields this.
You then can add these options to your blog.


This is the font type selection window.


The image above presents you with a sample page design



Here's a design for the background.
I find it too "busy". It detracts from the  main page 

Here's another background design.
I don't like the robin eggshell colour - it's too bright!



This one I like.
The background blends with the blog page, and helps focus in on the content. 

The above is a "super" feature.
Every several minutes, the software "saves" your work.
It's great because if you're working with several softwares at once, 
things can get confusing at times, and you can easily make a mistake.

     At this point, you're now ready to start the blog. It's almost as simple as I've described it with the screen-captures and the text. So why not try it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment