Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Photo Editor by Pixlr.com - WOW!

Sunday, December 30, 2012


A Photo Editor by Pixlr.com
Wow!

     I've been getting better from my  bout with a cold or flu, so I've been able to actually sit down for more than 20 minutes and not feel antsy. About an hour ago, I decided to do a search for "image-editing soft where", when  Editor by Pixlr.com shows up as 1 of the results. So I think to myself "lets' give this one a try!"

   What I discovered is that this is a free (don't quote me on this) software that you use on-line. I think it's ,made more for mobile devices that my iMac, but am I impressed! I had a small problem with the software so I dded that to their community forum, but I did ask the question as to why this software is free?

    If you are familiar with the #1 software, then you'll have no problems using this software. And if you've never used a higher-enbd image-editing software, I think you'll quickly begin to understand
how to use it. I don't see cellphone users and IPad users spending 30 minutes to edit a photo,but maybe I'm wrong, and there is a market for such sophisticated software. 

   Pixlr.com also has several other softwares,but I'm only going to write about Editor today.


The Company's Logo

(Please click on the above link to be redirected to their website)

Going to the Pixlr site has you arrive at this window.
There are 3 options of image-editing.

I'm writing abou the advannced one called Editor.

This is what you get when yo uarrive at their site

The Drop-down menu for edit.

Notice that it's quite sophisticated, and has the 
feel of the higher-end image-editing software companies.

The Gradient Window

For those who don't know, a gradient is simply a change on intensity (light to dark or vice-versa) or change of colours from top-to-bottom, or side to side.


I kept accidently going to the Safari menu and going file >>open or Edit, 
when I wanted to go to the Editor software.

It's a small issue that I easily overcame to work with Editor.

The Adjustment Menu and Sub-menus
It's very "sophisticated"!

The Filter Menu and sub-menus
Are there enough choices for you?



I used a water bucket to add the mauve colour to the car foundation.
I also decided to test out the text. You have a nice selection of fonts, and the usual size and colours.
YOu type toyr text in the white rectangular space, and it appears on the image in the blue rectangle, just to the left corner where the word "test" appears.

You also have the option of many different languages, which I didn't check out.

When you add text, you are adding it to what is called a "layer".
A layer is like a piece of tracing paper. Each time you work with an image, there is always a layer or there should be. In this way, you never work with the original image.

At the end of your work (in this case the text), 
what you want to do is have the text attach to the photo layer.
To do this you flatten the image.

I especially like the use of the blue background to highlight the sub-menu.


   It's coincidental that just the other day, I was thinking "how come there aren't sophisticated photo editing software for IPads and IPhones, and then, I discover Editor by Pixlr.com. Just on Friday, my favourite morning coffee spot - Dunkin Donuts was closing down the next day. I saw someone I know taking a few photos with his cellphone as mementos, so I asked him to forward them to me.  Needless to say, they needed some work . 

   With a program like this, people can now take photos and edit them to a new standard of quality. Of course I can also see 2 things happening, 1 of which seems to already have happened.  I will be able to use my DSLR Canon to talk to people, and Cellphones will become highly-sophisticated cameras!  By the way, the first "idea" of mine is partly true. If you look at the latest Nikon ads with 
Ashton Kutcher, that camera transmit photos to your cellphone.  The question for me is what have the cellphone? Just put the cellphone into the camera,or the higher-end camera into the cellphone!

    I will probably will another post about this software, but I hope tht you'll find this site, and realize what a great program this software is!

Thanks for dropping by.
and have a great part of the day, wherever you may be.

Stacey







No comments:

Post a Comment