Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Different Photo Lighting Styles

Tuesday, January 31, 2012


Different Photo Lighting Styles

     When I first started to photograph toys, I photographed them for sale on E-Bay.  The style of lighting that I used was flat with hardly any shadows. I wanted to present the toys with lots of detail. Flash forward, 1 year later,and I still present the toys with lots of detail, but I use a more drama. I' have an excellent reputation on E-Bay for selling and buying, and now I feel that I can  relax a bit, and  present the toys with more drama.


    Today's instalment is just  a presentation of how I photographed the same toy then and now.








 The photos above are of a Hubley Die Cast car circa 1940's.

I  photographed them last January of 2011.

I  would hope that after close to 800+ transactions on E-Bay that I can be trusted to present a toy honestly. Also, whenever anyone asks, which is rarely, I will send them ore photos with higher magnification and detail.

The photos below are of the same item that arrived today.

I haven't listed it yet on E-Bay as I'm awaiting February to be able to list 50 free listings. However, I like to photograph all arrivals ASAP (as soon as possible) so that I have time for other things.





 This is a composite photo of what I now present on E-Bay

When you list an item on E-Bay, you are allowed 1 "free" photo. After that the rest are 15 cents each or a special of  7 for a set price. When I started  to sell on E-Bay, I added 3-5 photos which would cost me 30-60 cents with the first image free.  When you list 50 items, you can see how your costs  escalate, and how your profit diminishes.

I have a "guide" on e-Bay that presents how to make a composite photo for an E-Bay listing. I see many more sellers using this technique, and I hope that I have helped them save some money.


My toy blog readership  has increased by almost 100% in January 2012, while this blog has improved by not that much.There is a lot of  competition out there for photography learning, and so Ill have to work all tha tharder to improve and attract morereaders to this blog.


So thanks as usual for dropping by, and have a good morning good afternoon, or good evening wherever you may be.



No comments:

Post a Comment