Friday, February 2, 2018

I'm Back

Friday, February 2, 2018
Sunny 
-16 C  3.2 F

I'm Back

Hello Everyone. I haven't been to this blog in a while, but I am now more motivated to return to add new material. I'm going to introduce a few elements of photography such as colour and composition in next few posts.

For today, the topic is composition. If one has to explain what photographic composition is, it's how the content of the image is framed by the camera in order for the eye to move within the photo. There are many different ways a photo can be taken.  One way is to move around the subject, another is how close or far away you are from the subject.  I'm using tabletop photos today because it's cold to go outdoors, and there is not much colour in wintertime.

Framing

I've purposely "arranged" the coin and the peppermints in this photo. The arrows and the direction of the arrows demonstrate how they frame the coin. Of course this photo is "set-up" and is too obvious.


Here's another "set-up"
The tomatoes are positioned to enclose the eyeglass case.

Here's a more subtle example of framing. The parts of the eyeglasses that hang on your ears are called "temples". The temples criss-cross and help to frame in the coin.

Another subtler example of leading lines and framing.

Framing of the popcorn kernels frame the coin.

Yet another example

 An improvement to the above photo.
The added small tomatoes help fill in  empty space in this photo.
Also, odd numbers within a photo create a better photo, than equal numbers which 
create too much "balance" within the picture frame. The term "balance" simply means how the 2 halves or even 3 thirds are equally "weighted" so that the picture is not too "heavy" on 1 side or  in 1/3 of the photo.


Of course, all of the photos here were "set-up". Nevertheless, when you are outdoors and are doing let's say landscapes, you can use nature outdoors to compose. The shoreline on a beach can be used to create a "leading line" to direct the viewer's eye to let's say, a person.  Tree limbs and leaves can be used when there is too much blue sky. As well, these 2 things can be used to frame a subject such as a house or a person.

So that's it for today.
I'll continue with colour in the next post tomorrow.

Have a great day or night.

Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com

(that email address is so named because that is related to my main blog.
That blog is oldantiquetoys.blogspot.com



1 comment:

  1. My name is Darci Lyne. This is a very happy day of my life thanks to the help that Dr. .nosakhare has given me to help me recover my ex-husband with his spell of love and magic. I was married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating and looking for a divorce, but when I came across Dr..nosakhare email on the internet about how he has helped so many people get their ex back and help fix the relationship and make people happy in their relationship. I explained my situation and then I sought his help, but to my greatest surprise, he told me that he would help me with my case and that I am now celebrating because my husband has totally changed for the better. He always wants to be by my side and can not do anything without my present. I am really enjoying my marriage, what a great celebration. I will continue to testify on the Internet because Dr..nosakhare is a true spell caster. NEED HELP? CONTACT
    -Email- blackmagicsolutions95@gmail.com
    you can also add him on Whats-app: +2349083639501
    He is the only answer to your problem and makes you feel happy in your relationship. And it is also perfect in your relationship.
    you want your ex back?
    want a love spell for a new lover?
    Childless problem solution?
    Financial problem solution?
    Weak Erection & Quick Ejaculation?
    the solution to sickness and diseases of the body
    All type of problem solution by astrology?
    Divorce problem solution?

    ReplyDelete