Friday, June 29, 2012

Still Another Improved Photoshop - Version CS6

Saturday, June 30, 2012


Still Another Improved Photoshop
Version CS6

     Well, it had to happen sooner or later - another new and improved version of Photoshop. This time it's CS6. To be honest, I don;t use 80% of Photoshop for what I do. However, Adobe, and every other software manufacturer, seem to feel that software has to updated or  changed to a newer and "better" version every year., and Photoshop is no different.

     I did a cursory search for CS6 reviews, and it's the "same, same" everywhere. Writers will take what the software manufacturer provides as a press release, and then just rephrase or rehash the same material. Rarely, do you see someone actually taking the software and going over it 
"with a fine-tooth" comb!

     I will return in the future to look at CS6 in more detail, but for now, 
I just spent about 20 minutes looking for new enhancements.

   The Opening Window of CS6

The window is the same as for CS5. It's gone grey, although I prefer the brighter version of white.

   Lens Correction

This feature is the same as in version CS5, but it's a good start for people working in specific areas of photography such as catalogue, product, or architecture. These areas require tighter constraints on the final image, so avoiding distortion is more critical.



   There are a few new additions to the menu as you can see here from this pull-down menu

   A Correction or Distortion Menu

This menu was here before in CS5, but I thought that I'd show it to you.
It can be interesting to work with, although you still have the "sam old" other menus from much-older versions to work with. 

(Select all>>edit>>Distort)

   I thought that I'd check on "dust and scratches" reduction.
This is a problem that I always have, because I always forget to dust off my subject or foundation.When this happens, I then use the rubber stamp to remove the dust.

I haven't found that  the filter>>Noise>>Dust and Ccratches works well in CS5


                         
The Before Image

The After Image using the Dust and Scratches Filter.
It still doesn't work well!

This is a new feature called 3D
I have no idea how it works, but I'll try and learn what it does and edit this post in the future.
This feature could be interesting.

This is a new feature that can appear on the working screen.
It allows you to access the type menu and change features more easily.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as usual, have a restful weekend, 
wherever yoo may be reading this.







No comments:

Post a Comment