Thursday, February 23, 2012

Photographing Toys for Art

Thursday, February 23, 2012


Photographing Toys for Art

     I purchased the rusted old train engine and caboose because shipping was expensive on another item that I had purchased. So I figured that I might as well fill the box for the cost of the shipping. Postage (mailing) usually works by the size of the package and the weight, so a few more toys wouldn't make a difference.

    Of course, I'll try and sell these toys, but as I started to photograph them, I started to think about them as art forms. The photos below are nicely-lit, but if they don't sell next week, I think I'll work on them some more to try and make them more interesting in terms of adding some props. A prop is simply an accessory item in a photo that enhances the main item.

    So for today, here are some photos of a train engine and a caboose that I thought you might like.









There is an  old expression that says:"beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and so there are infinite possibilities that you can do with your toy photos to make them interesting.

If you go to the site below that is located on my other blog, you will see just some of  a few special effects that were done using a very interesting software called Photomatix.

http://prophotographylearning.blogspot.com/2011/09/photomatix-having-some-fun.html


Thanks for dropping by, and have a nice morning, afternoon, or evening, wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment